MLB '08: The Show - 133 (2008)
(MLB The Show series)
Reflecting on the history of the franchise, the longest-running officially licensed baseball title on PlayStation platforms, the SCEA San Diego Studios development team went into this season looking to build upon the history and success of the franchise by raising the level of authenticity and realism, and creating the perfect blend of features and unique gameplay opportunities
Already widely considered the most authentic baseball game available, MLB 08 THE SHOW is set to provide fans with the most realistic baseball experience to date with innovations such as a more immersive Road to The Show mode, enabling gamers to play both offense and defense from the created player's perspective.
Providing players with some additional performance incentives, the MLB franchise introduces the new Progressive Batting Performance feature, which will both reward players for superior performance and penalize them for hitting slumps. Specific to each individual batter, players will be rewarded with slight contact bonuses, or punished with slight decreases in contact, based on how that batter that performs beyond his "natural ability" while under user control.
Adding to the online feature set, which includes customizable Online League Play with up to 30 teams, scrolling MLB Score Ticker and more, MLB 08 THE SHOW introduces SCOUT (SportsConnect Online User Tracking), which allows gamers to set and store their game preferences on the MLB server, and enables the system to look for a Quick Match with opponents that fits similar competitive criteria.
- Road to The Show 2.0 – To deliver the closest experience possible, next to actually trying to make it in the Majors, MLB 08 THE SHOW introduces a more immersive Road to The Show mode. As gamers attempt to make a starting line-up in the Big Leagues, playing on both offense and defense from a custom-created player's perspective, a more robust dynamic goal system and a new career advancement system will determine when a player is eligible for a promotion. Now, advancement goals related to the player's attribute target level will be provided to get the player to that next level and those goals are based on the player's attribute level and statistical performance. Also, Road to The Show 2.0 adds a new statistics screen that will display a player's current seasons' statistics. Additionally, custom-created players are more interactive. As a position player, gamers will be able to further adjust that players positioning, catchers will occur more defense situations, and pitcher's will now experience mound visits with user interaction – all making Road to The Show mode even more realistic.
- Progressive Batting Performance – Progressive Batting Performance is a feature designed to both reward players for superior performance and penalizes them for hitting slumps. Specific to each individual batter, the players will be rewarded with slight contact bonuses for each batter that performs beyond his "natural ability" while under user control. Conversely, the user will be punished with slight decreases in contact for each batter that performs below his "natural ability".
- Post Game/In Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis – Stats and match-up analysis' are a baseball fan's dream! The Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. Gamers will be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, Pitch type and result. This feature is also available for Batters, and the batter analysis allows for a breakdown of how a batter has performed based on LHP or RHP, Pitch Type and the result.
- New SCOUT [SportsConnect Online User Tracking] – If you've ever had a difficult time finding an opponent that wants to play online with the same gameplay setting as you, this is your feature. SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, stores them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.
- MLB My Music – Ever wanted to make your own video game soundtrack? With MLB 08 THE SHOW for the PS3 and PSP® gamers will be able to take the music that they have stored on their PS3 HDD and add to the list of music played in the Juke Box.
- Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) – Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catcher's recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB stats.)
- Pitch Command System (PCS) – Delivering unsurpassed authenticity and strategy to pitch selection, a pitcher's "pitch comfort" will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It's up the gamer to decide if they should try to "work on a pitch" or just go with what's working. The more a player works on a pitch, the better it becomes, and the more a gamer neglects a pitch, the harder it becomes to work the strike zone.
- Online League Play – MLB 08 THE SHOW provides today's sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross-platform leagues available.)
- Umpire Personalities – Providing even more realism to the diamond, MLB 08 THE SHOW features umpires with unique tendencies and animations. Each umpire will have his own definition of the strike zone, and it's up to the gamer to figure out if the umpire is calling the zone high, low, or giving the corners.
- My Sliders (Up/Downloadable) – The My Sliders option gives users the ability to create their perfect game settings offline by adjusting game sliders. Gamers can then save these adjustments to memory and, when online, upload them to the MLB 08 THE SHOW server for other users to try and let the online community be the judge on finding the perfect game for offline users.
- King of the Diamond – A classic playground duel from childhood where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams will square off head-to-head. This innovative mini-game showcases the challenging intensity of the batter versus pitcher duel, while an inning clock increases the pressure in this Over-The-Line style challenge.
- Home Run Derby – Lets gamers pick the lineup and set the rules for the traditional homerun contest of Major League All-Stars. Complete with its own animation database for the most realistic aspects of the event.
- Season Mode – MLB 08 THE SHOW tests the true baseball fan's commitment and allows them to make a run for consecutive rings with multiple seasons.
- Exhibition Mode/Quick Game – Gamers can select their favorite team and compete against the AI for a quick game on the go.
- Historical Greats – For true nostalgic fans of America's Pastime, MLB 08 THE SHOW offers the all-new Historical Greats, giving them the opportunity to go against the legends of the past.
- Online Mode – Gamers can compete against friends or other baseball fans in head-to-head play via wireless multiplayer connectivity.
- Ad Hoc Mode – Allows two or more PSP systems to communicate directly with each other via Wi-Fi connectivity for regional/local multiplayer gameplay.
- Infrastructure Mode – Allows gamers to link to a network via a wireless local area network (WLAN) access point or "hot spot" for multiplayer gameplay across the nation.
- Online News Service / MLB.com Headline News – Sports fanatics can receive all the current happenings in sports today. Information will be updated a few times each hour with news, trades and events from 31 different feeds, each containing 25 unique items. Users can select general MLB headlines or updates from all 30 teams instantly, or save them to the Memory Stick Duo in order to review them offline at their convenience. New for 07, MLB 08 THE SHOW offers an enhanced Live MLB Ticker, which shows live status of all MLB games going on around the league – with updates several times a minute. This new view will be complete with who is on base, pitching, batting, on-deck and full inning-by-inning box scores.
- 3-Man Booth & Progressive Commentary – MLB 08 THE SHOW combines a Progressive Broadcast, which adapts to current situations as gamers progress through the game, along with a 3-Man Booth. Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell provide the most comprehensive, game-specific commentary heard in any baseball videogame.
- Release Point Pitching with Confidence Meter – The ultimate pitcher/batter interface returns. While easy to pick up and play, yet difficult to master, Pitcher Confidence plays a role in a gamer's ability to hit release spots in the all-new pitch meter, while frequency of mistakes will impact the confidence level of a gamer's hurler, making it more difficult to paint the corners of the strike zone.
- Playmaker Fielding– The fielding interface brings the player attributes together with the user's skill level. With the Fielding Zone Marker, the fielder's fielding attribute rating will determine the size of the zone that surrounds the ball and its eventual landing location. With highly ranked fielders, the ball marker will be displayed sooner and smaller making it easier to judge fly balls.
- Multi-Branch Fielding – Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point. With Branch Point Technology
- MLB 08 THE SHOW provides unbelievably smooth, fluid transitions for seamless double plays and relays.
- User Controlled Slides – Players can now control base runners in attempts to advance and/or score.
- 40-Man Roster – Provides the ability to take full control of a team's roster and manage all 40 players for each and every game.
- MLB Authenticity – MLB 08 THE SHOW presents fans with finer details and nuances that make the game America's pastime. Gamers can drag bunts along with wild pitches, broken bats, check swings and more.
|Nr de Discos
|Clasificación por Edades